Monday, March 19, 2012

Craft-astrophe! When wine and sewing mix...

The title alone should say it all, but it was my moment to show my inner moronic behavior.  

Enter a casual Saturday night, my husband is happily playing his latest video game. I sneak upstairs into my craft room, glass of wine  in hand.  As I approached my room alarms should have been going off, the EMTs should have knocked on the door requesting that I step away from my craft room for my own safety. None of those things happened, the next few hours was an exercise in insanity. 

I had decided that the cocktail ottoman in my family room had to go, the dogs have done what they do and yet again we just cannot have nice things!  I decided to try my hand at making the Amy Butler floor cushions I had seen in my Midwest Modern book.  Step 1 cut the foam, this required the use of an electic knife luckly I escaped unscathed because I requested my husbands help earlier in the day, my luck did not hold out.  

Step 2, cut the fabric, that was lucky I kept all my fingers.  However I did nip myself with the sissors.  Next pin the pieces together.  Multiple stab wounds later I should have stopped.  Yet again, I knew what I was doing.  

Step 3 begin to sew.  I set up everything nicely, began piecing the fabric parts together.  I should have known that when I had to take out my first two stiches to stop then, but no, I knew what I was doing.  I happily finished my sewing and should have stopped when I stiched the sleeve of my sweatshirt into the fabric I was working, another removed stitch.  But did I stop there, NO!

I finally finished all of my stiches and was very proud of myself.  Looked just georgous.  But at that point, I was looking at it through an alcohol induced haze.

The following morning my alcohol goggles were removed and I saw my work.  Shame overtook me, I promptly removed the fabric cover, gave up on the fabric because the rotary cutting was so crooked I could never use it again and the stiches resembled a random s-curve.  

Next order of buisness remake the floor cushion without wine.    


No comments:

Post a Comment